Wednesday, July 22, 2009

1st day on the job

I'm in Washington, DC for my Peace Corps orientation. The flight was BEAUTIFUL! We flew over the nation's capital, I got to see the Washington Monument, Jefferson/Lincoln Memorials/Capital Bulding all from the air! We flew right down the middle of the Potomic (sp?). It was so beautiful I cried!

Lot's of "convention" type stuff today, lot's of "break out sessions," group work, etc. I hate hotels. I hate conventions, but am doing fine.

Get a shot for yellow fever tomorrow, then more vaccinations when we arrive "in country."

My accent's already drawing attention. Funny, I don't think of myself as having an accent but folks are sure ready to point it out!

Not too much embarrassing bumbling in the airport. I was overly fascinated with the high-tech hand-dryers in the airport restroom.

Am off for my last bath in America for awhile.

And I'm supposed to make a disclaimer that I am, in no way, speaking for Peace Corps. All of the embarrassment is mine. Huge hugs, k

No comments:

Post a Comment